To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Suggestions for CometPlayer

This topic is only meant for suggestions for CometPlayer. Just mention what you would like to have in the CometPlayer. I sure liked the interface and a welcome change from 'Winamp' I couldnt resist myself from trying the player even though I have been hooked since ever to Winamp.

So ppl lets post what you think is missing from this player and what you think is unneccessary. Watever your suggestions are just post it here.

-Liked the interface.

-Lyrics stuff is cool. but i culdnt make it work still!!

-missing all those cool feature of winamp. like songs queue, jump to a particular file.

the search option is there but it only highlights the songs tat fits ur search and that too u have scroll the playlist to find which songs were highlighted!! not good enough.

-add more skins

Thank you for your support guys, your suggestions will be reported to the development team.

Lyrics stuff is cool. but i culdnt make it work still!!

Does this happen to some of your songs or all of them? Please read the FAQ to see if it can help you.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm here just to complain about comet player.

I didn't need to update my mpcstar, but agreeded with the update warnings and let it go, okay.

but I DIDN'T ASKED FOR A NEW PLAYER, I absolutely didn't asked for this f****** second player installed with the update for mpcstar; neither let it auto configure itself as main media player in my pc.

Deleted both from my pc and warned my friends about this.

bye.

Dyamada, it's important that you always pay close attention to the installation process whenever you install new software of any kind.

There are usually important options that you will want to take control of, so the first rule is never to use the "standard" installation, if there's a "custom" or "for advanced users" choice instead.

Now even if you just take the default answers to every question, you will have the opportunity to intervene if the installation attempts to change something you don't want changed, like your file associations, your default home page, your default search engine, or tries to install adware. You will also understand better what changes it's making to your system, which can come in handy for troubleshooting later on.

A lot of complaints I see are about things that were preventable if the complainer had only paid attention to what he was doing.

My favorite is the one about installing adware on the system. It said it was going to do that, and you said, "OK". If you'd said "no", it wouldn't have done that and the installation would have proceeded without it. But you said "ok", so it installed the adware, and now you're complaining about it. Why didn't you just tell it "no" when it asked???

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Since I saw Ossie7 mention Lololyrics on here :)

We do have a simple API I hacked together before to speed up the searches for the 'MLyrics' plugin (for another music player)

Full info can be found at http://api.lololyrics.com/

It returns the lyric and cover art (not sure if you guys fetch the covers from the lyric sites? Covers were introduced recently and about 50% and counting of the lyrics have covers)

Let me know if anything is unclear or if you guys need something added :)

I've subscribed to the thread, or you can email me directly at (email removed by mod)

atomicoz, I moved your email address to where it's only viewable by staff.

Our development team will be notified of your willingness to help integrate your service into our player. Please also tell us if you are the owner of this website/service.

atomicoz, I moved your email address to where it's only viewable by staff.

Our development team will be notified of your willingness to help integrate your service into our player. Please also tell us if you are the owner of this website/service.

Yep, I'm the owner and programmer of the site/API. Let me know if you need any more info

Edited by atomicoz (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Your player is awesome, but I noticed a few things that keeps it from being my favorite.

First off, I was listening to a song "Mutilation Is The Most Sincere Form Of Flattery" and the lyrics were messed up, so I tried (as the FAQ told me to) changing the song name in file info. I've retyped the title in lower-case letters "mutilation is the most sincere form of flattery" and it worked - it picked lyrics from vvlyrics.com instead of Lyrics Pond. Could you please try to make it checking the lower-case versions of the names with priority in vvlyrics? - because they've got the best quality lyrics. I would really appreciate.

EDIT: Just checked it with "Godeatgod" and "GODEATGOD" and it's the same. This time however, "Godeatgod" doesn't even work.

The other thing is a major problem I would say. When the player is running, it somehow interacts with other applications; for example: browser flash player crashes sometimes - more specifically youtube videos don't work when player is running (It says: "Shockwave player plugin stopped working"). How do I know it's the comet player? I close it and magically everything's fine.

~WinXP32, Google Chrome~

Edited by gjesupek (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Hi I was wondering if you could add a scroll bar functionality to the lyrics section of the player. For some reason, on certain songs, the lyrics go really fast and it would be nice if i could go back and read them myself.

Also, how about a add your own lyrics feature?

Thank you

and thanks for the great player :)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It search a lyrics automatically, but not all lyrics appear (especially Asia song). IMO it will better to let us choose the source.

The source would have to cooporate with development in order for the lyrics to search without user input. Now all websites provide data the same way. If the administrators of the lyrics websites you use are interested in integrating with cometplayer they can contact us and we'lll talk to development and see if an agreement can be reached.

• 7 months later...