To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Barney's Version

romaurie

I have read reviews on this movie and it seems popular.However, it is very difficult to get a good torrent not conected to a spam site.

"Another Year" was initially the same, but now 2 versions with Norwegian subs are available.I was just curious as to why some movies that would seem to be "higher profile" are easy to find, whereas titles appealing to perhaps a more select audience are not.

I think I've just answered my own question!

In the case of "Another Year" I can see why its appeal would fall into the "select audience" group.

Just a side note here.I am a British subject living /working in Eilat, Israel.There are 2 good new cinemas in this city and an IMAX.The problem for an English speaker in these cinemas is that the local indiginous movie goers talk non-stop during the movie whilst reading the feckin sub-titles.You have to really strain to hear the dialogue.Maybe they should provide headphones for English viewers!

I trust it is acceptable to post this in the lounge.

I still don't understand why a lounge is called a "salon" in Israel.26 years in this place, I can converse in Hebrew in connection with my profession/hobbies, but outside those areas I seem to have a "block".

Romaurie

actually a combination of my son's name "Rom" after the Marvel comics super hero [my wife thinks I suggested the name because it has a "biblical significance here" and my name Laurence, [Laurie]

Laurence causes too many jokes here.Just a mile east is Aqaba, Jordan where "Lawrence of Arabia" made a name for himself.The locals wil insist on caling me "eesh Arav" in Hebrew which is a complement to the original T.E.Lawrence.When I lived in Bournemouth, Dorset, the local motorcycle club I was affiliated with made a "pilgrimage" to Bovington war cemetry where T.E.Lawrence was buried. Anyone familiar with the movie, "Lawrence of Arabia" will recall he died swerving to avoid 2 children on bicycles. He was riding a Brough Superior motorcycle, one of the all-time British Greats in terms of mtorcycle engineering.

Appyologies for rambling on so.My son has to return to his military base a part of his 3 years army service as he was born here.Me and my wife always get a bit "strung-out" before his return.

Hello and welcome to the forums. welcome.gif

No need to apologize... that's what a lounge is for... relaxing. :D

"Salon", by the way, is the term used in many languages throughout the world, often meaning a "room to be in/sit around" without the need to have a specific purpose. :)

Thank you for the "Salon" explanation.

The film Sanctum is on general release here in Israel and some very good copies available to download.I don't understand why it is so easy to find a copy of such a "high profile" new release whereas "Barney's Version" is linked to spam sites when trying to find a torrent file.

90% of movie releases come from "the scene" aka "the warez scene". They come from elite ftp topsites and their users eventually filter them down into bittorrent sites and others, where you can easily find them. Obviously popular movies are easy to find because so many people want them and the first release group to upload them to "the scene" is rewarded. If a small movie doesn't appear in bittorrent sites, then either it was not released by the scene, or it was but no one was interested in it.

As for the movie you mentioned, I hadn't even heard of it and until I looked it up on IMDB, I was picturing a purple dinosaur lol.

We cannot help you to find movies to download, BitComet's job is to download the files you find yourself, but I hope this explains why popular movies are easy to find and less popular ones aren't. As to why an unpopular one would have fake torrents, it could be that no one has reported them to the torrent site so they can be removed, but more popular fake torrents are discovered sooner and removed.

• 3 weeks later...

Goodness gracious!Now that is a good explanation.

Sort of along the track I was thinking but with all those extra details you have filled in.

Many Thanks!

btw, my fish have always answered back. My therapist isn't really concerned with that fact as much as that the fish are imaginary... and for some reason he doesn't believe I have a seven foot wingspan and six inch talons... no wonder they are referred to as "quacks", they're the crazy ones....

*goes back to having shredded raw fish for breakfast in his nest, high atop a tall tree*

:lol: Actually, I prefer my fish rather "well done" (unless it's smoked salmon or fresh anchovies in vinegar, garlic and parsley).... but then again, we're known for being 'finicky'... :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...