To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Two BUGs in version 1.48, 1.49 and 1.51

Two bugs in version 1.48, 1.49 and 1.51

【The first bug】is found in version 1.49 and 1.51 running on 'Windows 10 x64 10.0.17134 zh-cn'. It appears when part of files in a torrent is selected to download. When download is completed, it show 100%. But if I perform a hash-checking, it return back to about 9x% and start to re-download. From the 'Block Tab' I found the pieces at the boundery of two or more files had been abandomed. I have to stress that I completely understand the purpose and importance of the piece_part files and I never do any thing to it(Of course, i never delete the task in GUI becasue if do so the piece_part file will be deleted).

At first I used the version 1.49 and struggled with this bug. After that I updated to version 1.51 and found this bug stay unchanged.

I read the 1.49 Release Notes and found this line:'Core Improve: decrease piece_part file size for BitTorrent task with only part files selected to download'. I guess that this improvement bring in this bug so that I install the version 1.48 and find this bug DISAPPEAR!!

I had try a lot of torrents(including a torrent made by myself with VuzeDownloader for experiment)and found this bug always happened on version 1.49 to 1.51. The version 1.48 is OK.

By the way, the version 1.49 seems have no problem reading the piece_part files downloaded by version 1.48 and can always show 100% after hash-checking.

【The second bug】is found mainly in version 1.48 on 'Windows 10 x64 10.0.17134 zh-cn', 'Windows 8.1 x64 zh-cn'(running in VirtualBox) and 'Windows XP SP3 zh-cn'(running in VirtualBox).

Firstly, I had a group of files which are completely downloaded (downloaded by version 1.48) on PC-A. These files are from the same torrents and they are only 【part of files】 of that torrents. A task of this torrent with those files selected had been created. And of course, it showed this task is 100% completed and there was a piece-part file at the root directory.

Secondly, I sent this torrent to the other PC (in the same Local Network, with version 1.48, called PC-B) and created a Task for it on PC-B. Then I tried to transfer these files by manually add the PC-B to PC-A's Users List.

During the download THE BUG APPEARED. From the 'Block Tab' I found all of the pieces at the boundery cannot be downloaded from PC-A.

Actually, PC-A told PC-B that all of the pieces at the boundery IS NOT AVAILABLE!!! I find this truth by some isolated blocks (at the boundery of two very big files, and holding a lot of small files, and i only need these small files) to download. These isolated blocks show some very thin line at the 'User Tab' of PC-A (May be Peer Tab, idontknow ,I use the zh-cn version). However, in the 'User Tab' of PC-B, I found that there was not any corresponding line of these isolated blocks. It means that PC-B NEVER knowed that PC-A was holding these blocks.

【!!!】The most confusing things is that ,  I used VuzeDownloader on PC-B to download from BC1.48 on PC-A and the bug was still here: VuzeDownloader learnt that the boundary blocks were not available.

I guess the piece_part files is used for hash-checking, but unfortunately, its data are not used for seeding. But I think this behaviour is not reasonable. Please fix it.

I also use 1.49 on PC-A, but it is of no use.

When I transfer files from completely selected torrents, this bug never shows up.

I had tried torrents from different sources(including one made by myself) and this bug keep showing up. 

BTW: I use only zh-cn OS, maybe this is the problem.
BTW: My English is poor, excuse me.

Edited by shajianrui (see edit history)

Windows 10 Build 17134 is a beta version (and quite a bit behind current which is Build 17711). The current release of Windows 10 is the April Upgrade, (Build 1803). The previous release (Fall Creator) was Build 1709.

It's hard to say if your problem is a bug in BitComet or the fact you are running it on a test version of the Operating System

Hi shajianrui, unfortunately【The first bug】is not reproduced in my test.

My steps:

1. open torrent

2. select only last file to download

3. start download

4. download finish and seeding

5. stop task

6. hash check

7.  task progress still 100%

If there are any differences with your operation, please let me know.

Thanks

On 7/8/2018 at 8:31 AM, Rhubarb said:

Windows 10 Build 17134 is a beta version (and quite a bit behind current which is Build 17711). The current release of Windows 10 is the April Upgrade, (Build 1803). The previous release (Fall Creator) was Build 1709.

It's hard to say if your problem is a bug in BitComet or the fact you are running it on a test version of the Operating System

VERSION.PNG.35c67530576e407954f91d780a85d8bd.PNG

Sorry for taking too long to reply. Well, it is actually 17134.112 and this version is pushed automatically. I think it should not be a beta version.

9 hours ago, wxhere said:

Hi shajianrui, unfortunately【The first bug】is not reproduced in my test.

My steps:

1. open torrent

2. select only last file to download

3. start download

4. download finish and seeding

5. stop task

6. hash check

7.  task progress still 100%

If there are any differences with your operation, please let me know.

Thanks

I'm glad to see that the second bug be fixed. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

For 【the fisrt bug】:

It seems that I had made some mistakes because I ALSO CANNOT REPRODUCE this bug anymore. I feel so sorry about this.

Not sure if this related to OP's first bug. I think when I was using earlier version of 1.4X (cannot remember the exact version and I suspect it was earlier than version 1.47), my complete tasks at was once completed at 100% would change to 99% no matter if I had hash checked myself. The files are themselves are good (I can view those media fine and they would show up in media player as completed and no part missing ) but BitComet just refuse to complete those 99% tasks. This is still happening to me to those old 99% tasks in version 1.51 but new tasks are not affected by this. And yes I have double checked the files I had downloaded onto my computer against the task's files list that I had self-selected in BitComet.

I believed this started to happen around the time when a BitComet bug would automatically select all files within a task to download all, regardless if the user had un-selected some of the files at the beginning of a new task. This bug got fixed but the 99% bug to those affected tasks didn't. 

Edit: Just looked further down at the forum. The auto select bug was from version 1.42 so my 99% bug started to happen around that version.

Edited by fbPatrick_Mok (see edit history)