To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Why not BitComet support Firefox

now many people use firefox. but unfortunately BitComet does not support firefox. It has an embedded window for internet browsers. But this just support IE. I don't think this is good for the users. Maybe the development team could think of that. My suggestion is you can support a browser default by the system. For me, i use Firefox as my default browser.

Think about it, you may get more users. Thanks.

Have a nice day

lexamar

What are you trying to say here?

That browser is just a shell that uses the IE kernal that everyone has. Nobody (with a brain) actually uses that because it's so basic. So just use your normal browser for you web needs and forget about the shell.

What are you trying to say here?

That browser is just a shell that uses the IE kernal that everyone has. Nobody (with a brain) actually uses that because it's so basic. So just use your normal browser for you web needs and forget about the shell.

Yes, it is just a shell. but every time i click the BT index sites on the list, it is the MS IE opens, not Firefox or any other browsers. Why not let users choose which browser. instead of the MS IE, to run?

Myself and others have requested that all of that (browser & favorites) be removed from bitcomet.

Make a list in your default browser of the BitTorrent sites you goto and just use your default browser. And hide the favorites.

I understand what you're asking and saying, but BitComet is a p2p bittorrent client not a web browser. Besides, I'm sure you have spent great time customising your web browser so why not just use it.

True...the IE web-based shell within BitComet is really basic. It is only used to notify users that we have a website & Forum-based technical support.

If you're also talking about the search engine links provided in BitComet...well, this is only intended to let users choose maybe 1 or 2 search engines to stick to.

I.e. If you use isohunt.com you can place that in your browser's favourites.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry about all of my previous posts.

The feature you're requesting apparently is already within BitComet Versions starting 0.61 (perhaps even earlier). I've added instructions for users on how to enable BitComet to open the torrent sites (within the client) using the user's preferred internet browser.

Solution:

1. Options --> Preferences

2. Appearance --> "When BitComet is running" --> Unclick the checkbox "Open URL inside BitComet"

3. Now whenever you double-click the torrent search engine sites within our client's favourite, it will open up with your preferred web browser i.e. Firefox.

Opening_URL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've tried all that...... guess what??? double click on a torrent link.......... zap, f**k**g Internet Exploiter :wacko: .

My default browser is FF as far as Windoze is concerned, so where is the hard-coded information in BitComet?

Getting rather fed up with this.

The question is therefore still open.....

Why does BitComet not support FireFox? And if it will, exactly how do I enable this so called support?

:angry:

Toffa, you said "...double click on a torrent link"

Not sure exactly what you mean by a torrent link, but it makes me wonder if this isn't an association problem rather than anything to do with BitComer?

• 2 weeks later...

i can confirm this issue. regardless of the windows default browser setting weblinks opened from within bitcomet (favorites, menu bar) always open in microsoft internet explorer. yes, even when the 'open websites in bitcomet' option is disabled. a fix for this would be nice. thank you.

(additional info: when i run (for example) "start http://www.bitcomet.com" at the command prompt the bitcomet website opens in the browser of my choice.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HEY PAL FIREFOX IS A BASIC WEBBROWSER.......IT`S FOR ANY TOM,d*** AND HARRY...... TRY OUT OPERA BROWER........IT`S COOL.........IT`S GOT DAM GOOD BROWSING SPEED........ OPERA FOR SOPHISTICATED PEOPLE........

Mod - Please do not post all in capitals.

It is considered as shouting on the Internet, and is not well-liked (it is seen as being quite rude).

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...