To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

VERSIONS .71 ---> .75

In the release notes for v0.71, I see this:

Core change: Chat, Proxy, NAT Traversal via UDP, IP block rules is removed temporarily

"IP block rules?" Does that mean that ipfilter.dat is no longer being utilized? There is no reference to this being restored in any of the subsequent beta releases.

I upgraded from v0.70 to v0.75 and noticed that it seemed to be very fast now. It no longer takes a long time to start up, and it was also connecting to many more peers and connecting to them very quickly. Then I read this in the release notes and wondered if the performance boost is because it is no longer using ipfilter.dat? :blink:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a serious problem. I downloaded the version .71, not realizing it was full of problems. I uninstalled it , and tried to install .70. But for some reason I couldn't, because bitcomet .71 was still in my progam files, and it won't let me delete it. So now everytime I tried to install version .70, there would a error message popping up saying that theres already a bitcomet.exe and dlhelp folder. How can I get rid of this porblem????

thanks

0.75 Crashes after 10 minutes everytime

HI, i installed the 0.75 version and i have XP SP2. Bitcomet crashes with about 10 minutes of download eyerytime and there's a crash report popping out saying it encountered a problem and must close.

Any solutions???

Thanks~ :(

I have a serious problem. I downloaded the version .71, not realizing it was full of problems. I uninstalled it , and tried to install .70. But for some reason I couldn't, because bitcomet .71 was still in my progam files, and it won't let me delete it. So now everytime I tried to install version .70, there would a error message popping up saying that theres already a bitcomet.exe and dlhelp folder. How can I get rid of this porblem????

thanks

Dragonfly,

Since your problem is really with installing version .70, you are welcome to post in the client support forum, this would have gotten a more timely reply.

If you have uninstalled your bit comet with the windows add and remove programs, and the folder and program is still there, I would manually delete the folder/s. You can also use a third party Uninstaller like "your uninstaller".

If you continue to have problems, make a post in the bit comet client support section and one of our tech support team will help you.

Suspect

I am using proxyfier to try and download through my university firewall. I have managed to get the web clients running through proxifier. Bitcomet seems to send information through the tunnel but does not recieve?? Always waiting for the tracker to respond??

Can anyone help?

I am using proxyfier to try and download through my university firewall. I have managed to get the web clients running through proxifier. Bitcomet seems to send information through the tunnel but does not recieve?? Always waiting for the tracker to respond??

Can anyone help?

Go here:

http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showtopic=2908

Hello

I got the problem, with bitcomet 0.73, the tracker it " tracker return zero length "

why?

:(

Same here, with 0.75.

I can't use BitComet v0.75. At least with Filelist.org.

I aways get the message "Tracker Reture Zero Lenght Response".

Back to 0.70 :(

Regards.

Dear friends,

i'm new to p2p sharing and was trying to download Fifa Manager 07 which is 3.47GB in size with BitComet version.75, but so far the speed has been remarkably slow and it managed downloading only 2% in 3 days. plus, it was disconnecting my internet connection once too often creating a real pain. after coming to this forum, i now have decided to have a go with version .70. so can i continue with my so-far-hard-fought downloaded files in .70? if yes, how? please help......

wyn......

Hi,

This is easily done. Copy your partially downloaded files into your default download folder, then start the torrent in version .70. You will see it checking, and for a torrent that big, it will take a while to scan (rehash), but after finishing, it will begin downloading at your current progress.

If it goes straight to downloading (look carefully since checking, and downloading both start at 0%), then you can stop the torrent, "right click" and select "manual hash check".

This will work as long as your files are in the correct location.

Suspect

ps. If you have further questions about version .70, then make a new topic in the correct section.

Hi,

This is easily done. Copy your partially downloaded files into your default download folder, then start the torrent in version .70. You will see it checking, and for a torrent that big, it will take a while to scan (rehash), but after finishing, it will begin downloading at your current progress.

If it goes straight to downloading (look carefully since checking, and downloading both start at 0%), then you can stop the torrent, "right click" and select "manual hash check".

This will work as long as your files are in the correct location.

Suspect

ps. If you have further questions about version .70, then make a new topic in the correct section.

Thanks suspect......well, when i ran the version.70, it showed exactly the same list that waslast seen in .75, so i clicked and began downloading......no problem with that. but speed still is around 2-3 kB/s, how can i improve it? is it within the scope of this topic? if not, plz suggest me a link where i can a find topic on the speed issue for .70

regards,and thanks again

Hey there, i have recently got bit comet and I am having one small problem. My download rate is tiny! like 1 or 2 kB/s and sometimes if im very very lucky I would get 6 kB/s :P I was woundering if any one knew why this may be? Maby I have a setting on bit comet wrong, or a setting on my computer in general? I would appreciate any help I can get! :) Thanks very much!

I GOT VERSION 0.75 AND ALWAYS WHEN PROGRAM IS OPEN IS 'NOT LOGINNED IN.' PLEASE HELP ME

Don't concern yourself with this. This new network its referring to is only just beginning, and only in Aisa, in chinese at this time.

It won't effect your downloads in any way.

If your version isn't working properly, then please use version .70

Suspect

i know this is nothing to do with this toppic but for god sake im getting loanly all on my own with my question.so i demand u hear it im on broadband ntl but on my task bar in bitcomet its says im on bt and im losing it. am i going mad how do i change it please help a loanly person going insane.ive got no friends the only friend i have is now turning against me (pc)

• 2 weeks later...

uhm i'm using bitcomet .70 now and i just finished my first torrent which was downloaded at a speed of 30-something kb/s.

now i'm downloading another torrent, and it has a maximum of 6kbps download speed and a maximum of 5 kbps upload speed. this is realatively very, very slow. what could be the problem/s?

uhm i'm using bitcomet .70

This is the wrong topic to post a request for support for this version.

Please go through our settings guide, then make a new topic, and list what results you got running speed test, and how you set each setting, as well as the normal info regarding your computer and internet connection.

Suspect

I just upgrade the bitcomet .70 to .77 version.

Want to ask , except from setting the max simultaneous download task to the number i want , can i force start from the main window itself?

and 2nd thing i found out , is that i stop the downloading session for one of the file, let's say file A , then the bitcomet carry on with the next download - file B . After that i quit bitcomet and start again , file A is still on STOP mode even i set it to WAITING mode before i quit the program earlier.

Don't concern yourself with this. This new network its referring to is only just beginning, and only in Aisa, in chinese at this time.

It won't effect your downloads in any way.

If your version isn't working properly, then please use version .70

Suspect

the speed is still slow

you write ,problem