To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

How to deal with utorrent?

goyacc

Yes, most of them don't seed. I found that more and more utorrent client in recent half year. I believed they switch to utorrent because they can hack it to get high id.

They download speed above 150KB, but they never upload.

For instance:

When I have lower percentage of file in one seed, I do lots of uploading to utorrent clients which have higher percentage of file in that seed.

When I have higher percentage of file in that seed, I STILL do lots of uploading to utorrent clients which have lower percentage of file in that seed.

At the end, only bitcomet client and very few utorrent which no hacked left to barely finish downloading.

We need to do sth, otherwise, everyone will switch to utorrent.

What you're seeing is µTorrent's new piece request structure combined with a new high speed disk cache modeled after BitComet's that give it insane download speeds.

µTorrent clients do seed, but only to a few clients at a time. µTorrent can even go over the upload slot limit when no running .torrents are downloading if the user has allowed it to. But those people will only get a small upload. Just because a client doesn't upload to you doesn't mean they don't upload. They have to be uploading or the swarm would snub them. Do you realize µTorrent users say the samething about BitComet.

µTorrent is actually one of the fairer clients out there. They do not allow peer or client banning to prevent people from harming the swarm.

• 5 weeks later...
hi, folks:

most utorrent client never upload. they have very high id and finish download and left. what should we do? the U/D ratio for my every download is about 3.

they bring the war to us, then we have to take it?

If some one is downloading from you and is not uploading ban it for 5 minuets and if some one is is really giving you a bead time ban it for 24 h.I had a similar problem, a torrent with a 90 utorrent peers and 5 non utorrent peers,and a speed ratio of 5kb/s download 2.3mb/s upload, by baning all the utorrent peers i opened slots for non utorrent peers and the ratio went to 65kb/s download 15kb/s upload.

I recommended baning utorrent peers that are not giving you at lease as much upload as you are giving them.

I recommended baning utorrent peers that are not giving you at lease as much upload as you are giving them.

I do not recommend this, it is harmful to the swarm.

I have never banned anyone, in fact I dont even bother to look at the Peers tab.

I wish that Bitcomet got rid of the banning feature and used an autobanning algorithm.

As mentioned earlier, just because they arent uploading to you does not mean that they are leeching.

You may be uploading at 20KB/s to them, but they may be uploading at 150KB/s to ten other peers.

Think about it

The only valid reason to ban someone is if your country has limits on data transfers to other countries.

The torrent protocol itself should take care of your average leecher.

Yes. BitTornado probably has the strictest autoban. It bans peers after three hash fails oppsed to µTorrent's 5 hashfails. µTorrent added an option to unban peers as well due to an issue with Azureus 2.4.0.0 having an error that would cause hash fails. So yeah BitComet needs an autoban and I would say 3 or 4.

I agree, Utorrent is not a bad client in any way. Although its very simple, and doesn't have as many functions as bit comet, it is admirable in that it's memory requirements are extremely low.

My two preferred clients are Bit Comet, and Utorrent.

Suspect

hi, folks:

most utorrent client never upload. they have very high id and finish download and left. what should we do? the U/D ratio for my every download is about 3.

they bring the war to us, then we have to take it?

tmnet,streamyx is totally 'block' bitcomet application, END OF WORLD--->BITCOMET & BITTORRENT

hello...

how i know about this problem, just follow my step,,you will see tmnet is already block the bitcomet and bittorrent application!

*This is for those have ONLY 1k/bytes ot 0k/bytes DOWNLOAD speed....

1) close all p2p application. try to ping this address----> "202.188.0.133 -t"

2) you will get all the reply......BUT,,,once you started the p2p application.

3) You almost receive "request time out" all over the time..

so...our malaysian.......hai.............pray for it....we are unlucky one!!!

tmnet,streamyx is totally 'block' bitcomet application, END OF WORLD--->BITCOMET & BITTORRENT

hello...

how i know about this problem, just follow my step,,you will see tmnet is already block the bitcomet and bittorrent application!

*This is for those have ONLY 1k/bytes ot 0k/bytes DOWNLOAD speed....

1) close all p2p application. try to ping this address----> "202.188.0.133 -t"

2) you will get all the reply......BUT,,,once you started the p2p application.

3) You almost receive "request time out" all over the time..

so...our malaysian.......hai.............pray for it....we are unlucky one!!!

Once AGAIN, please do NOT make duplicate posts.

You already made one here:

http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showtopic=4084&hl=

and here

http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showtopic=3943&hl=

cassie