To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet is unusable in Malaysia

lyner

Hi paparaaaapa,

If we face problem which we have difficulty or cannot be solved we seek for advise and help. I think that is what this forum is about.

Wonder how you found out that Streamyx(ISP) own by TMnet is trying to block only part of the IP, the WAN IP. Care to share a bit.

On your claim of using 512kbps packages it is not consistent with your previous posting.

yes, that posting is before i found out the solution. and yes, streamyx do ban some of the IP, as soon as they detect the IP is using a P2P software they will ban that IP. That is why some of the streamyx user did not know why suddenly or most of the time they facing of downloading speed problem. So, i hope that you clear about my previous post and this posting bout i getting it back to normal. By the way, i own 4 streamyx account, that's why i can experincing the problem.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.. I 'm from Malaysia also.. Last year before Oct.. I manage to get around 40-60 kb/s for a 1 MB service, if the torrent is good.. it will peak at 110kb/s. but now not only i coulnd't get 40-60kb/s, sometimes i couldnt even 1kb/s. My question is whether shud I use the dns setting for my ISp which they provided.. and wat port range is good for malaysia??.. 2nd question.. is someone saying the new bitcomet is good or have no effect on the speed... but when i tried the Bitcomet 0.81, i couldnt connect to any tracker... it has the same message for every tracker, tracker connetion error: 3.. so iwant to know... is whether my pc setting wrong.. or it is not usable in malaysia... millions thanks...

• 3 weeks later...
Hi.. I 'm from Malaysia also.. Last year before Oct.. I manage to get around 40-60 kb/s for a 1 MB service, if the torrent is good.. it will peak at 110kb/s. but now not only i coulnd't get 40-60kb/s, sometimes i couldnt even 1kb/s. My question is whether shud I use the dns setting for my ISp which they provided.. and wat port range is good for malaysia??.. 2nd question.. is someone saying the new bitcomet is good or have no effect on the speed... but when i tried the Bitcomet 0.81, i couldnt connect to any tracker... it has the same message for every tracker, tracker connetion error: 3.. so iwant to know... is whether my pc setting wrong.. or it is not usable in malaysia... millions thanks...

Try using back the stable client, Bitcomet 0.70 version then. Some do solve downloading speed issues.

My bitcomet currently running on version 0.82.

everything seems to be fine over here ~

the only thing is , if the DHT connected node is off , i'll get 10kB/s lesser than when it is on ....

so is that normal?

The thing i don't really like about this version is that , when i download a torrent file and it's on queue mode , the file which will be downloaded appears and ready on the directory that i'm saving at. which means if i have the file saved at C:\abc.rmvb , the file abc.rmvb will appears at C:\ although it's on queue and the file havent starts the download.

Another one is the force start , or whatever u guys called. The function is not there anymore after version .70? correct me if i'm wrong ... hehe i really like the function , cause sometimes i tend to skip some torrent file if it's too slow and delete the file when it is not downloading or uploading at all .... !

Other than that , bitcomet are just great .. haha !~

apprently you guys are complaining about slow speeds, mine cant even connect! ive tried encryption, running 1 torrent to no avail. also ive noticed at times i can dl but only like `1-4 kbs and thats only once in a blue moon

All right people, listen up! TMNet company which the main supplier of the internet connection have throttled up all of the torrents protocol... the company even have been in not-to-allow-torrent list which they already and will continue banning all of the IPs that they detected using torrents client... which means not only it will affect bitcomet clients but also all of the other torrent client programs as well... right now... the only way is to download directly from the internet... man... that sucks... maybe me and you guys have to find another ISP perhaps???? :(

All right people, listen up! TMNet company which the main supplier of the internet connection have throttled up all of the torrents protocol... the company even have been in not-to-allow-torrent list which they already and will continue banning all of the IPs that they detected using torrents client... which means not only it will affect bitcomet clients but also all of the other torrent client programs as well... right now... the only way is to download directly from the internet... man... that sucks... maybe me and you guys have to find another ISP perhaps???? :(

That's why i said that streamyx can detect and block a specific ID.

Touto is not a proper Bittorrent client at all. It uses the ed2k network and it cheats with Bittorrent.

This post will be receiving more edits.

for god sake

where in the h*** world can a ed2k network connect with torrent tracker?

tuotu just a hybird program that can done direct download task , torrent task and ed2k task