To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

• 1 year later...

I am a 12-star Marshall.  That's a term that I coined ... just means I have gone through the 0-100% level on the Marshall level 12 times (and for some reason have not been bumped to the next higher rank (or the one above that (which by now, I should have))).

Is there something that is blocking me from being promoted?  NORMALLY you only have to do the 0-100% thing 3 or 4 times before you are bumped up to the next level (and not over 12 as I have).

Any suggestions?  I know in the overall scheme of things, it doesn't really matter, just frustrating.

• 1 year later...

What matters is the connection time, not just for points, but to allow others to download.

I have been online since 11/17/2007 and have been Sovereign for years.

Today I have a score of 609452 and Rank 5.

The real satisfaction remains the quality of the BitComet service both as a client and for that of the collaborators (thanks rhubarb and partners).

That goes without saying - after all, 'ranking' is just a bit of fun and you can't buy beer with the points.

For some strange reason (and no-one has worked out how and why) for a lot of months I simply  couldn't score a daily max of 120 even though I had uploaded many times the required amount and was online almost all day (I shut down for an hour or so each day for upgrading and maintenance). No biggy (and don't forget the number of times the database server goes down and we get people posting that they can't collect points - even though they are uploading (and downloading). All we can do is tell them that it's not the end of the world - they are just going to wait a bit longer for that 'rank'