To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

As I said elsewhere, I do try to keep seeding but just run it for 10 hours overnight while I'm in bed. The reason for that is my ISP throttled back my connection speed one time for 'excessive bandwidth usage during peak hours' so I was forced to reduce it or suffer a lousy connection.

Some people think torrenting is a way to get stuff and completely miss the point that it's meant to be a sharing system. Far too many simply drop the file transfer when they have what they want (I keep it going for several weeks (or months if need be) until it shows at least 2 x my sharing ratio.

Sovereign? in quite a while - with a 120 point limit per day, it's going to be some time before I can rack up the needed 10,000 points or thereabouts to move up from generalissimo, but as I keep saying, it's just fun really.

• Like 1

I doubt if there's any need for higher ranks - after all it takes 10 1/2 years to reach the top sovereign rank (assuming that the daily score of 120 is maintained every single day over that period. Even our number 1 member hasn't fot there yet :;);

Speak for yourself - my first computer was a 1KB Sinclair ZX81 with a wobbly 16KB Ram pack plugged in to the back. It kept crashing so I learnt very early on to back up whatever I was doing to tape (no floppies back then LOL).

I did eventually move up to a 640K PC (with a 20 MB hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy drive - the joys of dot matrix printers and Herc graphics ;)

Speak for yourself - my first computer was a 1KB Sinclair ZX81 with a wobbly 16KB Ram pack plugged in to the back. It kept crashing so I learnt very early on to back up whatever I was doing to tape (no floppies back then LOL).

I did eventually move up to a 640K PC (with a 20 MB hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy drive - the joys of dot matrix printers and Herc graphics ;)

If you accidentally make a double post again, just edit it to say "Please delete", and we will delete it. The "report" option is more for urgent issues like spam, or violation of rules. 

You can edit the post for about 30 minutes after posting, if you don't notice it within that timeframe you can just leave it and we will remove it when we see it. It actually happens a lot, sometimes when your router has queued connections and can get sluggish, but no big deal. 

Retire my title??... No, no, no... I meant a new (and "distantly futuristic") rank.... LOL. You leave my title alone, now, d'ya hear?

Well, I like hot cocoa, and I'm practically addicted to diet cola but... Carbonated cocoa?? Ermmm... I'll repectfully decline the taste test, thank you... :S

No problem Cassie, your status as our Spanish Angel has been restored. Also, this drink is a ripoff of coca cola, and they aren't referring to cocoa like in chocolate, rather coca leaves, as used to make cocaine, which was one of the ingredients in coca cola until it was discovered to be addictive and removed. This is their copy of the american product, and notice it's Crabonated, not Carbonated   lol   whatever that means  

16 hours ago, cassie said:

Ooops!! Well that's probably from chewing on the coca leaves...hahaha.

pretty pathetic when they copy our trademarks and can't even spell the words right  lol   Iran is known for that too, they have their knock-off of McDonalds and a few others. I have no problem with them copying, after all imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, but it's funny that they don't like our free market capitalist society, but like the products it produces  lol   

I don't mind the bad spelling, but I tried reading a Chnglish manual for a radio control transmitter and just gave up in the end. It was totally incomprehensible. Mark you, the craziest one I came across was the assempbly instructions for a model aircraft (to glue the tailplane on with foam safe adhesive) "Daub bubble gum"

• 1 year later...
On 2/6/2016 at 7:11 PM, The UnUsual Suspect said:

I finally reached the rank of Marshall after after almost 9 years since this system was added to bitcomet. Ranks yet to achieve are Generalissimo, and Sovereign. I know many others have reached these ranks long ago and even though I've been running these support forums for almost as long as BitComet has existed it doesn't mean I'm a huge downloader, in fact most of my activity is centered around sharing fan produced science fiction, so virtually all my activity is uploads for new releases, so growth has been sporadic.

It will be interesting to see what rank everyone else is at.

I cannot find my BitComet Member Score ... please tell me how to do it. Thank you very much.

• 4 months later...

The only difference 'rank' makes is in the number of long-term seedersyou can theoretically access. I use the word 'theoretically' as with my 'rank' of sovereign I am supposed to be able to access 98, but I've never seen that many to begin with. As a 'colonel' you are supposed to have access to 61 (but if you ever see that many it's a minor miracle) LOL

Score is as it says - the number of points you accumulate and 'rank' is simply how many people there are  ahead of you with higher scores

It's all a bit of fun really - it doesn't get you any free beer

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a Major, Level 3 Moons & 3 Stars, Score 13512. Started using Bitcomet in 1998. I think I have the oldest yahoo email on earth. Only requires 4 Dot Password lol Ever since, I started using Windows 10. I can't get Bitcomet to work. Something is blocking betcomet in Windows 10. Port Blocked.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 11:17 PM, Dano219 said:

I can't get Bitcomet to work. Something is blocking betcomet in Windows 10. Port Blocked.

That, right there, is what's blocking BitComet's traffic... a blocked port. You'll have to look at your firewall /s (could be in your router, if you haven't established a fixed IP address) and see which one/s  is/are causing the blockage.

• 2 weeks later...