To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

LAST PERSON TO POST WINS!

corzova

I suspect it's "Technology Instruction Corporation", or Tic Camp. It's like a computer camp where they teach computers as well as sports and other activities. Similar to old fashion summer camps, but with technology added.

Or I could be wrong, but my guess is our new wizard is probably beyond the lessons they teach there.

Guys, don't judge me :D

It's the Technology of Information and Communication (we learn word, paint, notepad, etc)

Unfortunately, I am spending most of my time on forums rather than listening my teacher (who, btw, is teaching me things I already know).

Bad boy, Gandalf!

You should be listening to your teacher... even if you already know the stuff that he's teaching (and/or if he's boring). You shouldn't be doing anything else when you're at school...(*tsk, tsk*) Bad boy! ;)

Now, now, Young Gandalf, don't get all sad on us...

You can still not be a "good boy", every now and then... Just make sure that you do it outside of school time... ;)

Now, now, Young Gandalf, don't get all sad on us...

You can still not be a "good boy", every now and then... Just make sure that you do it outside of school time... ;)

Yes mother.

@UnUsual

I never take anything personally :D

Edited by GandalfTheWizard (see edit history)

Well... let's just say that when I was going to school, I had quite a few run-ins with boring/slow/thick teachers... (I was quite "lippy", according to them)...

BUT...

...I survived all of that and, now that I'm older and (possibly) wiser, I can't stand it when a student doesn't pay attention to what I'm saying - then again, my classes aren't anywhere near boring, according to my students :D

(PS - Never take anything that is said in these forums personally, at least from me ;) )

We laugh a lot at her class

You make fun of her teaching methods? Or, do you mean that you laugh a lot in her class (you laugh with her)?

I think funny non grammar nazi teachers are a rarity nowadays...

You're going to have to explain this one to me... :blink:

You make fun of her teaching methods? Or, do you mean that you laugh a lot in her class (you laugh with her)?

We laugh a lot in her class with her. My grammar is very weird sometimes, I know... :D

Do you know what a grammar nazi is?

Yes, something like that. A grammar addict.

I refer to those boring teachers who always teach grammar and never do something more entertaining. Also, if you forget a rule or something, they'll send you to your seat, and you'll get an F or worse.

Oh... I see.

Well, when one teaches a language, they have to include the grammar - whether they like it or not . You could say that it's a necessary "evil" of teaching/learning.

In my opinion, Grammar is the "heaviest" (read as 'hardest' and most tedious) part of a language to both teach and learn but, without its proper usage, the student cannot achieve an adecuate level of expression in said language.

A teacher doesn't need to be boring and punish the student harshly, every time he forgets and/or makes a mistake (that just makes the student dislike learning). Correcting (in a non-agressive way), however, can have just the opposite effect, while keeping teacher and student in "better harmony" and with more longing to succeed. :)

Grammar Nazi: as defined by the Urban Dictionary.

Grammar Nazi

noun (pl. -s)

1. A person who uses proper grammar at all times, esp. online in emails,chatrooms, instant messages and webboard posts; a proponent of grammatical correctness. Often one who spells correctly as well.

2. a – A person who believes proper grammar (and spelling) should be used by everyone whenever possible. b – One who attempts to persuade or force others to use proper grammar and spelling. c – One who uses proper grammar and spelling to subtly mock or deride those who do not; an exhibitor of grammatical superiority. d – One who advocates linguistic clarity; an opponent of 1337-speak. e – One who corrects others' grammar; the spelling police.

proper noun

3. A nickname, pseudonym or handle for a well-known grammar nazi (defs. 1 and 2) within a particular social circle, used to show either great respect or great contempt for his or her abilities.

verb (transitive)

4. To correct the grammar of (a person's speech, a piece of writing, etc.); to edit for grammar and spelling; to proofread.

1. A grammar nazi knows the difference between "there," "their" and "they're."

2. Teh grammar nazis haev invadd r formu.

3. Grammar Nazi, help me with my English homework please.

4. He totally grammar nazied my article, replacing pronouns and rewriting clauses.

ps. Although my grammar skills are barely passable, I have been called a grammar nazi many times because I think it's disrespectful to be lazy and not care if your poor grammar makes a post unreadable to someone who doesn't understand English.

U no what I meen?

Try translating that to another language literally and it won't make any sense at all. The respectful thing to write it would be "Do you know what I mean?" typos also foul up translators. We (forum staff) aren't Grammar nazis, but if someone obviously knows better but types nonsense because they think it's "cool", they won't be welcome here.

Here in the lounge the rules are slackened, but in the support forum we expect everyone to do their best attempt, if they make an effort and it's still not legible we'll help correct them for the benefit of all reading the topics in the future.

@Cassie

That's right!!

You should have been my teacher from the moment I was born :3

Now it's a good thing I have a fumny english teacher. The problem is that she's pregnat. And, of course, obviously, it will soon have a baby and enter in the maternity leave. There are rumors which say that our next teacher is going to be a shrew. :(

And, of course, obviously, she will soon have a baby and enter in the maternity leave.

:rolleyes:

There are rumors which say that our next teacher is going to be a shrew.

Well... I guess that it beats being a troll... :unsure:

now I can "borrow / share" my neighbor's internet. Free of charge
:rolleyes:

(*cough, cough*)...Little delinquent... :lol:

I had a friend who wanted to know why her new laptop's wireless internet didn't work at her house, but works fine at her friends... turned out they had a neighbor who didn't secure their wifi lol she connected without even knowing

• Like 1

Lucky you!... Around here, everybody secures their connection immediately... As a matter of fact, the principal ISP configures all routers to be secured (by default) before they're shipped out to customers.

I don't think that it's so much because they fear for your connection, as the fact that they want to ensure that everyone pays them for any usage to the Internet.

Yeah... unfortunately, it is. :(

In Spain, Telefónica (now, re-named Movistar) has basically had a monopoly since the early 20th century... Now, the other "competitors" have to rent its pre-existing landlines (cables and such), because they haven't got any of their own. All in all, it's just one large oligopoly, with Telefónica at the lead.

It offers one of the worst and most expensive services in all of Europe. :angry: