To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

LAST PERSON TO POST WINS!

corzova

Radical...Moi?? :P No, no...I'm usually politically incorrect (although I know perfectly well how not to be) and, yes, I generalize... I find that society has, overall, become ridiculously too attached to "labelling" every single detail of the layman's way of speaking in everyday usage.

For example, the word "fireman" has been used throughout history for ages but, only in recent times has it been deemed biased and, now, the "correct" word is "firefighter". If I, being a woman, held a job fighting fires, I wouldn't care one single bit if they termed my profession as "fireman". (Ditto for policeman, etc.)

English, unfortunately, doesn't have the same grammatical "priviledges" that other languages do... an example: in Spanish, every noun has a gender and quantity already 'built in' and is supported by its article, as well as its ending... el amigo (singular, masculine), los amigos (plural, masculine), la amiga (single, femenine), las amigas (plural, femenine). In English, these would translate to the (no gender, no quantity) friend (no gender but singular). So why complicate everyday words even more? Aren't there more important things to do, than go around, nit-picking for political correctness? <_<

• 10 months later...

neary 11 years running this site for the BitComet community, Cassie is second in seniority, and many others have come and gone, but all have done it in the spirit of p2p. We all do our part, uploading, seeding, tech support, etc...   if you have enjoyed it, perhaps it's time to give back...   PM me if you want a way you can give back to the community or those who have given so much.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL! I have try to entice my own kitten to try that out (I did it once, a looooong time ago, when I was much younger and limber...) :D

• 1 month later...

I have to apologize to Cassie. I bought the beer and the milk, but my dog drank the milk when I got home.

I don't remember what happened to the beer...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2017 at 3:19 AM, mariner said:

Did I win yet?

Love all you guys... and cats.

Mariner

I'd be glad to award you the prize, an "almost" new automobile, as soon as you pay the storage fees and you might want to read the fine print too, just so you understand exactly what you are getting.